Thursday, September 15, 2011

WHAT WILL THE PLUS SIZE WOMAN WEAR FOR SPRING?

Hello Dolls!

This morning as I was watching the beautiful pictures from the Ralph Lauren presentation I wondered to myself..what styles will he offer for full figured women from his collection. It occured to me that out of the seven to ten designers that make full figured clothes such as Ralph Lauren, Micheal Kors and Elie Tahari, the plus size woman will not know what she will be wearing from these collections until the merchandise reaches the stores next spring. I saw so many things I would love to have from the above designers but im left with the burning question..will it come in my size? Im a designer so I can design whatever I want but what about other women...why must they wait until next year to find out what is hot for spring for them? Why does it seem the plus community is always behind? The truth is most plus size designers dont follow the fashion calendar they create collections for the present season while our straight sized counterparts are a year ahead. I didnt either until this season, and this is exactly why! As much as I have loved seeing all the fashion presented during fashion week, it does not identify with plus size women because there were no shows to represent us there. Some how some way it needs to be defined that we are not a fad that will fade. My mother always told me dont present a problem if your not willing to find a solution. Im going to work on it!

Stay Full Figured and Fabulous Dolls
KCJ

1 comment:

  1. Amen Kenyatta...I just had a huge discussion with my husband about plus size clothes, and he seemed to think that a person shouldn't just focus on plus size clothing, and I think if that is where your passion is then hey...and most stores carry all the other sizes...and we are usually the ones at a loss...even with plus size models also being shoved into a small box too...its almost like keep them as small as we possibly can and still tag them "plus" why can't it be just proportionate and if it looks great on that person's body...its the same stigma and box that thin and overthin models go through...its really sick...I wish to break that cycle. Where to start? keep positive and keep growing fashion wise it's twisted...but we've got to stick together on this and network and unite. ;0)

    ReplyDelete